Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Down 100, & a HUGE THANK YOU!

HELLO EVERYONE! I am coming to you today with the largest internet hug possible! I got up the courage last night to post my before and after picture on my Instagram and Facebook so all of my friends and family could see and seeing all of the heart felt words and encouragement was overwhelming amazing! I posted a before and after picture when I had lost 50 pounds, and I got such amazing feedback from everyone on that picture. When I posted it I told everyone that I was going to post my next before and after when I had lost a total of 100 and here I am! Typing it out seems so unreal because I still have to remind myself of how many pounds that actually is! I know how proud my family and friends are of me, but I am here today to say how proud I am of myself.



When I started this journey I had no idea what was going to come out of it. Yes, I knew that because I was so passionate about losing weight and I was so willingly ready that I was going to look different and maybe feel different. Boy was I way off, I not only look different but most of the time I can't even recognize myself let alone people I haven't seen in a long time. I absolutely feel amazing inside and out. My confidence has blossomed and I know feel more excited and ready for what the future holds. It was almost like the weight was a blanket covering up the true me. By tackling this huge burden that had consumed me for my entire life, it opens up so many emotions. I feel like I can now start my life the way I want to live it, because before I never felt confident enough or brave enough to be myself. Okay okay I need to stop before I really start to cry!



From the beginning I have had the most amazing people behind me, encouraging me and sending me text messages randomly saying how proud they were of me. These not only boosted my confidence, but it also made me that much more ready and motivated to keep going and to never give up. That is one of my biggest tips. Never give up. Even when you are crying because you don't want to get up and work out or when you sit there and dream about pizza in your head (guilty), do not ever give up. I have had my ups and downs of course because I am human and you are as well, but the key to staying on track is not letting those downs define this entire journey for you. Remind yourself of all that you have accomplished and only keep those positive thoughts in your mind because those will motivate you to get up and keep on going! I have said this multiple times already, but this is easily the hardest thing I have ever had to do but it is also the most rewarding. I want each person reading this who wants to start living a healthy lifestyle and get into shape to remember this. Even if you are doing this alone in your own person life, you are never fully alone! You have so many people out there like myself who is here ready to help you on your own journey. No one is stopping you from reaching your goals but yourself. You are the one who has to make yourself get up from the couch and work out, and grab that apple instead of the potato chips.


I am working towards blog posts more towards getting started on your own journey and sharing my tips and advice because I have had multiple people ask me how I got started and how I lost 100 pounds and there is just no way I can sum it up into a paragraph let alone a text message! I know that it is hard, I know that you must me thinking to yourself, "I can't do this, I have no idea where I would even start out or what I would eat". Trust me when I say I was in the same exact spot as you are right now a little over a year ago and look at me now. There is no such thing as "I can't". I hate hearing that because it is not true. You CAN do anything you set your mind to no matter what it is.



Again, thank you to every single person who has read even one of my blog posts, liked a picture on Instagram or shared such sweet kind words. You don't realize how much of an impact that does have on me and my journey. Just simply writing this blog post out makes me emotional (in a good way) and makes me want to cry because of how blessed I am! I will see you soon with so many fun inspirational blog posts so get ready!

AND there is no better day to start your new journey than today, so come on let's do this together!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!

No comments: