Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Hair Crisis

Hair is a strange concept if you think about it for too much. I mean we grow single tiny hairs out of our scalp that we cut, color and wash. Never the less, we love our hair, (well most of us do) and we like to take care of it. Especially us women, who spend a fortune on making sure our hair is in tip top shape. I myself like to get my hair colored and cut here and there but by no means am I an avid visitor to the salon. Anyway, recently I have been noticing that I am losing hair. This might freak some people out because saying it freaks me out. Let me clarify, I am not finding clumps of hair on my pillow every morning, but I have noticed that my hair is getting extremely thin, thinner than normal that is. This not only worries me, but it makes me extremely aware and careful about what products and what hot tools I use on my hair. I am no hair expert and I haven't had to worry about this problem before, so I know that these products are probably not the greatest or the most organic for my hair right now, but these are what I am currently using to help here and there before I find a more effective product. 



I have heard multiple times about how it is not recommended to wash your hair every day, let alone every other day so I have taken that into consideration and only wash my hair every two days. My hair is extremely thin and so therefore it gets extremely greasy very quickly so this first product is a gift from heaven. I literally use this almost every day when my hair is on it's last day and is greasy, and  even when my hair is clean, for added volume and texture. The messier and more textured my hair is the better!


I have tried multiple dry shampoos and this one by Dove is by far my favorite. It is a spray on formula and it never leaves my hair feeling chalky and doesn't leave my hair white. I got the volume version because I need all the help I can get in that department!

After I wash my hair, I never blow dry my hair. I used to very rarely only when I was late for something and had to do my hair very quickly. Since my hair is so thin and getting thinner by the day, I don't want to add more heat damage to my hair by blow drying it when it can air dry within ten minutes. Yes, my hair gets more curly and more frizzy when I air dry it but it is worth it. Also because I use a hair straightener and curing wand, I get enough heat!


Going along with the no blow dryer and air drying my hair, this product does wonders. This is the Garnier Fructis Beach Chic Texturizing Spray, which gives your hair that beachy, wavy, boho look that I am obsessed with. All I do is while my hair is still wet, I spray a generous amount of this in my hair and then lightly scrunch up my hair and wait for the magic to happen. Now because my hair is very thin, doesn't mean it is naturally straight. Quite the opposite. I have very curly, frizzy natural hair which this product tames and turns frizzy and curly into beachy and wavy. Plus NO HEAT!


This 'It's a 10 Miracle leave in product' is quite possibly one of the greatest products out there. This is an all in one product which you have probably seen on most products, but this one is the truth. This product helps with ten different areas on your hair. It fights frizz, detangles, protects against heat and so much more! I use this mainly after I get out of the shower so that it is ready for whatever I feel like doing to my hair that day. It helps to get any tangles out so that when I brush I won't pull out my hair. Also, it helps to restore my hair and protect it against breakage. 

For now these are the extra products I am using to help my hair. I am thinking about going into a nutritionist and a doctor to see if maybe it is a different issue that is causing my hair to get thinner. I hope you all enjoyed this post and I will see you soon with a new vegan recipe!

No comments: