Friday, October 17, 2014

My style + Fall staples

Fall is officially here and I could not be more excited. There is something about watching the leaves change colors, the weather getting cooler, and the pumpkins that start to appear on front steps. What I love even more about this season, is the fashion. I myself, love the cold weather way more than the hot summer heat. My style gets more and more creative when the fall and winter seasons approach. Ever since I lost weight, I love to experiment with fashion any chance that I can get. I loved fashion to begin with hence being one of the main factors why I chose to lose weight in the first place.

Another aspect about my style in general is the amount of dark colors. Black is pretty much all I wear and what I feel most confident in. Besides black, I tend to stick to mainly neutral colors such as white, grey, and black. You might be thinking how boring, but simplicity to me is key. I would rather accessorize with color using jewelry etc, than wear it through my clothing.

Stripes are everything. Well maybe not everything, but they are a staple in my closet. Every time I set foot into a clothing store the first thing that catches my eye is black obviously, but anything with stripes. There's something about the simple pattern that I love and it seems to look okay on me. You will see how these two trends occur quite often in my wardrobe. In this post, I wanted to share with you all some outfits that I have been loving recently and what some of my staples are for this upcoming season.


T-shirt - Forever 21
Black Skirt - Forever 21

This outfit is something you can catch me in all the time. First of all, it has my two staples all in one, stripes and black! Threw my hair into a low messy bun and can't forget my white converse and I am out the door. Simple, yet more dressy and girly with the skirt.

Dress - Target
If there is one thing I cannot live without, it's t-shirt dresses. I can throw one of these on with converse to dress it down, or throw on a pair of black ankle booties to dress it up and I am good to go. I also love playing this particular dress up with fun jewelry


Dress - Target
Leather jacket - Forever 21


There is nothing quite more satisfying than throwing a leather jacket on. I don't know if it is just me, but my confidence level immediately goes up after throwing a leather jacket on. A black leather jacket is perfect to throw on over pretty much any outfit and it is a must have for fall and winter for me.


Shirt - Forever 21
Skirt - Forever 21
Necklace - Charming Charlies
Tights - Target

This outfit is a tad dressier but is exactly my style. Sticking with the simple color scheme, and adding a nice dark green skirt for a pop of color. This could be worn with black ankle booties and a fun clutch for a night out on the town! 


This next look is so much fun. I paired the same tights and skirt with a vintage t-shirt and a funky necklace. This is definitely my style, vintage mixed with edgy. Most of you are probably confused seeing as it is a yellow shirt...I know but I couldn't pass this amazing vintage t-shirt up that explains me more than anything.."California Dreaming.."

T-shirt - Vintage shop
Necklace - Local Boutique
Tights - Target
Skirt - Forever 21


As of right now, the only shoes that I have been wearing are my white converse. They match with literally every single outfit, and are extremely comfortable. Black ankle booties are my second must have shoe for fall. I have three pair already. One casual pair, and two more dressier pairs that I wear all the time. I know once the weather gets cooler, and I go shopping more I will find some other fall shoes, but for the moment ankle booties and converse are my staples.


Jeans - Forever 21 (ripped myself)


Black booties - Old Navy


Have fun this fall and winter experimenting with fashion and making the clothes you wear apart of your personality. I love going through my closet and putting together outfits that I wouldn't have thought to put together. Clothes aren't meant to be boring. I can't wait for the upcoming fall and winter season where I know I will be sharing more of my style and more fashion posts because this is the greatest time of the entire year, right?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the stripes! It all looks really good together!