Sunday, March 16, 2014

Liebster Award!



Hello everyone, first off I need to apologize for being absent for so long. I have been sick with just about everything you can name for the past week and I am slowly starting to feel better. I am back and with an extremely exciting post! 

I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award from one of my favorite bloggers inthelandofjen.blogspot.com which is such an honor! A liebster award is something that goes around the blogging community to recognize new bloggers and to also help gain their following. They create ten questions for them to answer and then those bloggers will nominate ten more bloggers and create ten new questions for them to answer. It is just like playing tag but through the Internet and I think it is such an awesome chance for bloggers to learn about other new bloggers and for them to gain new followers etc. After finding out about my nomination it made me so proud of my blog, because it means so much to me and now that other people are enjoying it just as much as I do through every post makes continuing to write and create more and more for all of you that much more motivating and enjoyable! 

Jen's Questions:

1. What is your favorite drugstore beauty product?
- Picking one favorite drugstore beauty product is so hard seeing as they are all amazing, but if I had to choose a favorite I would have to say either my Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation or my Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. Both are amazing products that do exactly what they promise to do, and you can't beat the price!

2. What is your favorite high end beauty product?
- My favorite high end beauty product would have to be NARS Blush in "Taos". The pigmentation and payoff from this product is unbelievable! The beautiful warm pink/corral color with hints of gold shimmer give my cheeks an amazing glow. 

3. Who are your favorite bloggers to follow?
- Well first off, you Jen of course! (; Also I absolutely love makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com , she is amazing and does more than just makeup and she also has a YouTube channel and her username is "Makeupbytiffanyd". I love love love pinkpistachio.com , she is gorgeous and does everything from talk about her adorable family, to fashion, beauty and so much more. I also adore lovelaurenelizabeth.com , whose closet I envy and live vicariously through! So many more but these are some of my favorites.

4. What is one goal you have for 2014?
- I love setting goals and new years resolutions for myself, and 2014 was no different. Now because I have been on track of losing weight since March of 2013, I wanted to continue that goal of mine to lose the rest of the weight I plan on losing by the end of 2014. I want to read at least 5 books and right now I am up to 3, so I am excited to cross a goal off my list soon! I want to stop using the phrase "If only.." so much, because I find myself saying that a lot and it doesn't help me which the issue that I am dealing with at the time, it just distracts me from what I need to be focusing on and it makes me focus on what I do not have which is negativity I do not need. Also mainly to grow my blog, this blog means the world to me and to have so many more people read it and love it just as much as I do would be the cherry on top (:

5. What is your favorite dish to make/eat?
- Since I have been expirementing awhile with different recipes some healthy some not so much, but I have been more involved in the kitchen! I loved a reciepe that I made a couple of months ago, it was a Spicy Coconut Shimp Soup, and let me just say it was amazing! I will post the recipe soon.

6. What is your favorite source for staying up to date on trends and current events?
- I love watching E! News to learn about celeberties and what they are wearing etc. If I had to choose one that I am constantly on it is Instagram. That is where I get most if not all of my inspiration. From fashion, to photography, to quotes, to beauty products everything. I follow so many celeberties, fashion designer, and beauty bloggers! As well as checking all of the blogs I follow (:

7. If you could have anyone's closet, who would you choose?
- Wow, that is such a tough question! There are so many people whose closet I look to for inspiration, but if I had to choose I would choose a little of Lauren Conrad's, Selena Gomez, and Kylie Jenner. It sounds like such a tween's woredrobe, but I feel like each one of these ladies represents a different take on my personal style. 

8. What fashion trend for spring and summer are you most excited for?
- Hm, I am not educated on all of the upcoming trends for this year, but one trend that I have seen just about everywhere is seperate's. Basically a high wasted skirt preferabley a pencil skirt, with a matching crop top of the same print/color as the skirt. From a far it looks like a dress, but when you get closer you can tell that they are actually two sepereate pieces of clothing and you can see a tiny skin, but nothing revealing. Also, you can wear each one of the pieces by themselves with something else so you have many more outfits!

9. What advice would you give someone wanting to start a blog?
- Some advice I would give is to first make sure what you are wanting to blog about you are passionate about. I know it might sound silly, because of course if you are blogging about it you must really love it, but I promise if you aren't passionate about whatever you are wanting to blog about you won't be motivated to post consistantly and you will most likely get bored. Also, going along with what I just said, that is to post consistantly. Your followers like to see that you are keeping up with your posts and it makes them want to come back if they see that you are coming back to post and put effort into it. I understand life gets in the way which is something that unfortunately happens (I can vouch for that one), but if you get right back to it and pick it right back up you will be fine! Also try and challenge yourself with each post. Test yourself and try to make posts that could be a little bit more difficult to post but in the end you will be proud of youself and of your finish product.

10. What inspires your blog the most?
- What inspires my blog the most in honestly my day to day life. I am mainly focused on weight loss and living a healthy lifestyle, so when I find a new recipe I want to immediately share it with you all, or when I lose weight I am so excited to post about it! Also, I try to just stay true to myself and talk about things that I enjoy and that I love. I do read a lot of blogs and yes some may come across more professional or they have a way better layout, but I am just being myself and I think that is what I want people to see and feel when they come to my blog and I am constantly learning more and more about blogging!

I hope you all enjoyed reading my answers to Jen's amazing questions, and make sure to check out all of the blogs I mentioned! 

Here are the bloggers that I nominate, and some of them may have already been nominated but if not I am excited to share this with them! 

Tiffany - makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com

Mary - happilygrey.com






No comments: