Monday, March 31, 2014

Healthy Balsamic Chicken Pita Pocket Recipe!

Hello everyone! I am finally posting a new recipe! I found this delicious recipe for these 'Chicken Pita Sandwich's' from Laura in the Kitchen. They are full of super yummy and fresh ingredients and the fun part about it is you can completely customize yours! These would be awesome for lunches if you are going to school, work etc. Just make sure to keep the inside ingredients separate from your pita pocket so it doesn't get soggy. I hope you guys like these and try them out yourself, and if you do post them on Instagram and use the hash tag - #deepitapocket so I can find them easily, Enjoy!


What you will need:

6 6-inch Pita Pockets
1 lb of Cooked Rotisserie Chicken
3 Tbsp of Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped (I forgot these!)
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cups of Spring Mix Lettuce
¼ of Red Onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar

Dijon mustard to taste
Dried Basil to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste

*If you visit her site, she mentioned a couple of ingredients that aren't listed above and that is just because I preferred mine without those*


How to make them:

1) In a bowl, add the chicken, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, olives, red onion and salt and pepper, toss together to mix well. 

2) To serve, place 2 slices of tomatoes in one half of the pita pocket, add about half a cup of the spring mix and a couple spoonfuls of the chicken mixture. 

Serve immediately! 



 Mince and chop up onion and garlic
 Add in your chicken 
 Didn't get a picture of the olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar
but add that in after your chicken and mix all together - 
then add in your seasonings to taste
 Take your pita bread and cut it in half
 Add in your greens, I used Spring Mix
 Spread a layer of the Dijon Mustard on one side of the
bread, then add in lettuce

Add in your chicken mixture and you are done! 
I served mine with two 'cuties' or little mini oranges!
(I could seriously eat 100 of these...!)

I cannot begin to explain how good these were! They were so fresh and the dijon mustard adding a tangy flavor to it that went perfectly with the balsamic vinegar. I could seriously eat these any time of the day, because it was not heavy at all and filled me up perfectly. I cannot wait to see if anyone tries this recipe out, and make sure to take a picture and post it on Instagram with the hash tag #deepitapocket so I can see what you added to your pita pocket!


No comments: