Saturday, March 8, 2014

Inexpensive Makeup Favorites

Hello everyone! Today I am coming to you all with something different, but I am excited to share it with you all! I am in love with all things beauty related, always have been. I love everything girly from fashion, to accessories, hair but mostly makeup. I absolutely love makeup and all of the different brands and colors, it's just so fun! I unfortunately cannot afford high end makeup but if I could I would. Until that day, I wear drugstore makeup and have recently found some awesome products that you will not believe how inexpensive they are. Everyone likes to save money, am I right?!



1. NYC Bronzer in the shade "Sunny"! I have been using the same bronzer from another brand for years and never ventured out to try any other bronzers out until recently and heard rave reviews about this NYC bronzer. The things I love about it is first off it is matte which is really important for me because I love to contour and I don't want shimmer all over my face. Next is that I find it doesn't leave an orange tint on my skin after I have had it on for a few hours, and lastly IT IS EXTREMELY CHEAP! I picked this up at my local drug store for only $2.99! WHAT?!

2. Number two is a recent find for me but I am so glad I finally discovered this product. I haven't really been into the whole "Baby Lips" trend and when I saw that they came out with a primer for your face I was intrigued but never went and picked it up. I kept seeing so many good reviews about it and how it is a dupe for a lot of the higher end face primers. When I heard that I knew I had to run out and get it because I am a sucker for a product that is a dupe for a more expensive product. There is such a satisfying feeling knowing you paid way less for something that does the same thing as a higher end product. Anyway, this is the "Maybellene Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser". I put this on after I moisturize my face, right before I put my foundation on and it is supposed to minimize the size of your pores and boy it does just that! I had to use for a couple of days before I started to realize that my face makeup and face in general looked different and it was because my pores were minimized if not completely erased! It's crazy how it does it and I don't understand the logistics but I love it! It is a gel like consistency and is clear so you don't have to worry about it not matching your skin tone etc. This product only cost me $.5.99 SCORE!

3. This next product I am so lucky I found. Going along with the same brand as the bronzer, this "NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm" in the shade "Caramel Apple" is one of my holy grail makeup products. I have to be honest, when I heard about this lip product from other beauty bloggers I was very hesitant because I am a packaging person. This didn't necessarily scream "come buy me", because of the name first off..."Applelicious", really? I took a chance on it because let me tell you it was only $2.99 (why would I not?) and I FELL IN LOVE! It really proved to me that I have to stop judging products based on the packaging because you never know what you will end up loving. This is a lip balm so it is very creamy and moisturizing but it has a gloss in it which gives off the most perfect shiny tint to your lips. The actual color of the Caramel Apple shade is a mauve brown color so I was worried it would make my lips look frosty etc, but it gives your lips this perfect nude shade that I think would look good on anyone. It is a staple in my makeup collection and I cannot leave the house without it in my purse. It lasts for a good while and it is perfect to build up with other products. My favorite lip combo ever that I get so many compliments on is this lip balm on first, then with a thin layer of another nude lip gloss on top. I have tried one other shade of this product in the shade, "Pink Lady" which is your normal classic hot  pink color. Even though it does say it is lip balm, the Pink Lady shade comes off on your lips more like a lipstick! You get the best of both worlds with a moisturizing lip balm and a lip stick. 

4. This last product I honestly do not know what I would do without. I have tried SO many different foundations and never really fell in love with any of them. They were just "average", and foundation to me is one of the most important steps in my makeup routine because I love knowing that I have any blemishes or imperfections covered up. I wear makeup daily so I need to have a foundation that I can trust to last for hours and not sweat off by the end of the day. This "Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation" is another one of my holy grails. Again going off of a recommendation from a beauty blogger, I tried it out and will never be going back. It is a little more pricey compared to the above products, but to me it is completely worth it. I picked mine up for I believe around $10 which isn't bad if you compare the prices of all of the other high end foundations. I love this foundation because it is one of the first foundations where I truly believe it matches my skin tone. I have always either gotten too light or too dark and you can't test the products out in the drugstore which is the only downside. I went with the second lightest shade, "Classic Ivory and it is perfect. It is 3 in 1 because it is fused with Primer, Foundation and Concealer all in one product! Definitely one I would recommend to anyone without a doubt!


I hope you guys enjoyed this post about four of my most favorite drugstore makeup products and I will be sure to share with you guys some of my favorite hair products and skin care products shortly! Xoxo

No comments: