Sunday, March 30, 2014

Flowers, Pastels & Pollen, OH MY!


Spring is officially here and I am so excited to start this new season! Spring to me means three things.. flowers everywhere, pastel colors, and pollen....You see, me and the spring time have a love hate relationship. I absolutely love the fashion, colors, flowers and sunshine with a slight breeze in the air, BUT the spring time does a number on my allergies. All of the pollen in the air mixed with my all ready horrible allergies makes for a lot of days huddled on the couch with a tissue box. 

That is besides the point because one of my favorite parts is the fashion. I am going to share with you today some spring fashion inspiration I have been collecting. Throughout the spring season I will be posting many outfit of the days you could call them, of me wearing some of my favorite spring time outfits but for now here 5 of my spring fashion staples. Enjoy!




Black tank (similar) - Target
Yellow Shorts (Similar) - Lulu's
Statement necklace (Similar) - Forever 21

1. This first outfit is one I can definitely see myself wearing this spring. With a simple black tank top on top, the shorts are what makes the outfit. The first spring fashion staple for me is a statement short. They are everywhere in stores now and it seems to be a trend for spring. At least a trend I will be rocking! These are a fabulous bring yellow color with a slight texture detail to them along with the folded pleating in the center which adds dimension to the simple outfit. A statement necklace to finish off the outfit and you are ready to go.  


Skirt - Boca Leche

Skirt - Tobi

2) My second spring staple is a maxi skirt! I am a sucker for maxi skirts, they are so easy to slip on and all you need is a simple top and your outfit is ready. They have so many different types of maxi skirts but I loved this one that has so many different bright colors in it. You can see a trend with me, simple top, bright bottoms! I love the easy going feel of this skirt and you can easily wear this super casual or dress it up with wedges, a blazer and some nice jewelry. The second skirt is perfect for spring as well with the lace cutouts along the middle and bottom of the skirt!





First scarf - Target
Second Scarf - Forever 21

3) Scarves! Scarves! Scarves! You would think that scarves wouldn't be practical in the spring/summer because you usually wear them in winter but there are so many light weight scarves for the hotter months that are so cute! There are two different kinds of scarves, there is regular scarves and then there are "infinity" or circle scarves which have no ending point. The first one is an example of a circle scarf and the second is a regular scarf. Going along with my the trend of these fashion staples and my personal style I love having a more plain outfit and adding colorful accessories or one colorful piece that can make an outfit pop. A cute pair of shorts, a nice blouse and a fun scarf is a perfect spring outfit, and you don't have to spend a lot of money on them either!


Fuchsia Bag - H & M 

4) I love switching up my bags when the seasons change and a pop of color with this adorable fuchsia bag from H & M is perfect! You don't need to go out and buy a new expensive bag, just go to your local H & M or Forever 21 and find a fun funky bag! You could use this for every season if you style it correctly, and you didn't break the bank. Also there is something about switching up a hand bag that gets me super excited and I tend to center it around my whole outfit!


Necklace - Forever 21
Necklace - Forever 21
Earrings - Forever 21
Ring - Forever 21

5) So, it's no secret I am obsessed with Forever 21... it's kind of embarrassing but oh well! They just have so much of a vast selection for so cheap! I especially love their jewelry because when it comes to jewelry for the spring time I think the more the better, well not too much, you know what I mean. Layering fun colorful jewelry is one of my favorite ways to spice up an outfit. I will wear a vintage t-shirt and add boho jewelry with stacks of bracelets, rings and a fun necklace and I instantly have a cute outfit and I am in a t-shirt people! Forever 21 has so much jewelry to choose from it can be a tad intimidating but I swear if you take your time and sort through everything you can find some awesome finds. It's not going to last you forever but for the price I can justify it. These are some of my favorites off the website and they don't even have everything that is in store on the website (oh lord..)!


As you can see I am overly excited for the spring season, but not too stoked about the heat...Here in Texas it gets hot and even hotter in the summer months. I hope you all enjoyed my spring fashion staples and make sure to stay updated because I have some exciting posts coming soon involving DIY's, fashion, beauty etc!

Love you all and stay beautiful!

No comments: