Friday, February 14, 2014

Take a Look Into My Jewelry Bag

Jewelry is a girls best friend, right? Although the original phrase involves diamonds, I don't own any of those unfortunately. BUT I do love to accessorize as I would assume most females do. It adds that extra touch to any outfit! I have always been fascinated with different types of jewelry and how there is so much to choose from, but just recently I have seem to accumulate some fun pieces that I wear on a day to day basis that make my outfit feel complete. 

In previous posts I talked about how I love to craft. It's not just a hobby for me, I could seriously spend twelve hours a day crafting and creating different objects etc. About a year ago I really got into making my own headbands and some rings here and there. Recently I really took on the challenge to create some real bohemian jewelry because I could not find the kind of necklaces and rings I wanted without spending a load of money! So I went to my handy dandy Michael's craft store and picked up some different pieces. These are by no means perfect, I still have a lot of learning to do about the jewelry making process but I think I find my new niche! 


I am obsessed with Turquoise for all of the seasons, but especially spring/summer.  I can literally wear Turquoise anything, from jewelry to clothing to shoes. Especially in the jewelry department, where I have to have every single Turquoise piece I come across. I am really into long layered bohemian necklaces, here are some examples from my tumblr page of what I love and what I will hope to recreate soon!










Sigh...I want all of it! As you can tell by the pictures my obsession with turquoise. I love layering all types of different necklaces and also mixing metals such as gold, silver and rose gold. Here are some pictures of my favorite pieces I have in my current collection. This is by no means my entire collection just some of the ones I am wearing today.


 This is the "Sincerity" ring from Pandora. I couldn't get a good picture
of mine, but here is one off the Internet. This is one of my most prized
possessions because I got it as a birthday present almost two years ago
and I wear it no matter what every single day. My sister and mom have it as well
because the stone in the center is "Mother of Pearl" so it is a constant reminder of 
how close we all are. 


 On the opposite side of the spectrum price wise, this is one of my 
favorite watches and one of my staples in my jewelry collection and it cost
only $5 on EBay! Can you believe that?! Neither could I! I have been obsessed with
maps for as long as I can remember and I saw a similar one here at Urban Outfitters
for almost $40 and I knew I could find on cheaper! It also screams "Boho" to me which 
describes me perfectly. See, you don't have to spend a fortune to look good (;


 This gorgeous piece is from probably my favorite store of all time
Cost Plus World Market. If you have never been there before you need
to minimize (not close out) my blog and go there now! They have some
of the most interesting and unique pieces from all around the world for a 
fraction of the price. Everything from accessories, home decor, to international
food and wine. Ah, I could seriously live there. Plus I only got this necklace for 
$8 on sale (SCORE!)


Now getting into some of the jewelry that I created myself. As I have talked about many times before, a way that I can relax and unwind is to craft and make jewelry. There is something
about grabbing a hot cup of coffee (maybe a macron..he he) and diving right into
crafting and creating. I am my mothers daughter when it comes to all things
DIY and home decor. If you haven't figured it out by now, I am obsessed with anything turquoise
so obviously that is where my eyes go to first when picking out jewelry to make. 
This necklace below is one of my proudest pieces even though it is really simple. I love
how simple it is. Everything is from Michael's, they have an amazing jewelry making section.
Get creative and I always say that something one of kind that no body else has
is so much better! 


This necklace is really simple, but one of the ones I am most proud of. 
Everything is from Michael's, they have an amazing
jewelry making section. Get creative and I always say that 
something one of kind that no body else has
is so much better! 


Another turquoise piece...now I am kind of embarrassed he he! I just saw this charm
in a local craft store and immediately fell in love and somehow it ended up in my car
and then in my house! It already came with a jump ring on the top and I simply
attached it to some chain and BOOM there you go! It adds a little something to one of outfits.
Ex:

I recently went on a girls trip to Austin, TX and this was one
of my outfits for a night we went out! Love the pop of the turquoise against all the black.
Also I haven't posted a lot about fashion but I am in love with fashion and really creative
when picking out outfits. My style is constantly changing and I am always trying out new things!


This a picture I adore mostly because of the jewelry and my freshly done nails, but
also because of my moms desk <3 cannot="" color="" enough="" fantastic="" font="" get="" i="" is="" it="" of="" the="">
Anyway back to the jewelry, The only piece that I made is the fabulous ring.
I have seen so many rings similar to this on tumblr and everywhere else but did not
want to pay a fortune for one so I made one myself! I simply found a necklace at
Michael's (local craft store) that had this rock crystal pendant for only $1 on sale! I took
the crystal off and bought a packet of adjustable rings with a flat top from another craft
store and super glued the crystal on top! So easy and total cost me $4! The pack also came
with multiple rings so I can create so many more rings in the future! The bracelet if you are 
wondering with the turquoise (okay last one I promise...) stone is thrifted and cost me
a whopping $1.99 (YES!) and another one of the thicker silver bangles is from the same
thrift store for $0.99 and the rest are from one of my friends that did not want them anymore.

Well there is a little peek into my jewelry collection and some of the pieces you will find me wearing all the time. I hope you guys enjoyed this different type of post but I hope to do so many more like this in the future. I will definitely be doing a lot more fashion and beauty videos very soon because that is was I love the most! Along with home decor and DIY! Love you guys, and comment down below some of your favorite places to shop for jewelry! 





No comments: