Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday

I know as a kid Saturday was my favorite day out of the week because obviously we were off of school and we had the entire day to play outside and go to the park and do whatever we wanted! I distinctly remember waking up early with butterflies in my tummy about my upcoming soccer game that day. The smell of gooey sweet cinnamon rolls baking in the oven waiting for me to hop out of bed and devourer them. The sounds of Saturday morning cartoons on the downstairs TV. Also for some miraculous reason, the weather outside always seemed to be absolutely perfect just on this one day out of the week. Saturdays are meant for relaxing, spending time with loved ones and hanging out with friends. As I get older I still make an effort to make the most out of my weekends, especially Saturday. Luckily I do not work on Saturday's so in the morning I like to wake up reasonably early and first thing first...make my beloved cup of coffee (my addiction...). 
I personally keep coffee in my diet even though it is probably
not the greatest because I add creamer..but that is just something
I cannot give up! I also checked the label for my creamer and because
I use the correct serving size that is on the bottle, the calories and
sugars are not bad at all! 

While I am enjoying my coffee I love to catch up on all of my social media, Instagram (which you should follow me, user name: dbrownnn), Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and all of my lovely bloggers. Since I am older, Saturday morning cartoons aren't really my cup of tea (or should I say coffee) anymore so I usually go with any reality TV or catch up on some of my recorded shows. Some of them being, Pretty Little Liars, Twisted, The Fosters, Vampire Diaries (my obsession), and Keeping Up With the Kardashians (I know I know but it's my guilty TV show). Now by this time my stomach is rumbling and I need to eat some breakfast! I have been really into cooking breakfast and getting creative with my healthy recipes. For some reason I find making healthy breakfast food is much easier than lunch or dinner. There are so many different options I love to try out which I will do a full blog post on all of my favorite breakfast recipes soon! This morning I opted for one of my favorite green smoothies because my throat as been sore and I haven't been feeling my best so I need all of the vitamins and antioxidants I can get! 
Ingredients:
- Handful of Spinach
- Handful of frozen raspberries
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- Handful of frozen pineapple
- Half of a nectarine
- 1 packet of 'EmergenC'
- Water up to the "Max" line
BLEND BLEND BLEND (:

This of course isn't sweet gooey cinnamon rolls but it is delicious! As you may notice I put frozen in italics because that is my secret to my smoothies. I personally do not like really runny and watery smoothies because I am a huge texture freak when it comes to my food. I only like really thick almost Icee texture to my smoothies. That is why I do not use regular cut up fresh fruit in my smoothies I use frozen fruit so it gives my smoothie a much thicker consistency because they are basically like ice. And if it isn't thick enough I add even more ice! The health benefits that are packed into each smoothie is amazing and it gives me so much energy as well as keeping me full throughout the day. 

After I eat I like to go upstairs and get ready for the day. I know most people never get ready for Saturdays unless they have something to do that today specifically but I love getting fully dressed and ready for whatever the day brings me. Getting ready in the morning by doing my makeup, doing my hair and putting a nice cute outfit on just makes me feel better right away and gives me more of a confidence boost. Lighting a candle is a must and right now I am trying to burn through all of my Bath and Body Works Christmas candles but when I don't feel like smelling a Christmas tree I burn my all time favorite candle which is the "Capri Blue Jar Candle" in the scent "Volcano"! You can usually find these at the store "Anthropologie". 

I also have to listen to music while I get ready so it makes me pumped up for the day and I also just normally listen to music 24/7. I normally only listen to Alternative and Indie type of music but some days when I am really feeling girly and confident I listen to my girl Beyonce! I don't think I have found one person who does not like Beyonce, she is amazing! I love this song <3 font="" nbsp="">

After I get ready for the day, my favorite way to spend my Saturday is doing things that I love to do and also make me happy. If none of my friends are available to do anything I usually go out to my nearest craft store and pick up some new materials for making some jewelry and then one of my favorite things to do ever is window shop. By no means do I have the money to go out and fully shop but I love going to places by myself and looking around and getting inspiration for everything. I am such an old soul and sometimes act like an old lady to my friends, but I love going into home decor stores and looking at all of their displays and merchandise and coming up with different ideas on how to recreate them. That is where my mom and I are twins. She is an interior decorator and spends most of her time re purposing furniture and designing so I love watching her work her magic for someones home and getting inspiration from her as well. 

Basically what I am saying is that if you have some free time this weekend whether it be Saturday or Sunday, take some time for yourself and do things you love to do. Spend a little extra time in the morning getting ready and maybe treating yourself to a coffee and a muffin at your local cafe while reading the paper. I find that if I am constantly doing things that I love to do and that make me happy I am a happier person all around. If I wake up late and sit around all morning watching TV and sitting on my phone I don't feel good at all. To some people who work all week long, lounging around and sleeping in is most likely on your agenda and I do not blame you I would be the same exact way! By no means am I saying you have to get fully ready and you have to be outside the entire day. That is just what I love to do on my Saturdays (: Starting my day off with a healthy plentiful breakfast and going out to window shop and crafting is what I love to do on my weekends and I hope that all you have an amazing and relaxing weekend. Take time for yourself because that is extremely important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Sleep is actually one of the most important aspects to staying balanced and healthy so by all means sleep in and get your beauty sleep! (; Love all of you and see you very soon with another post!

No comments: