Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Ins & Outs of the Outfits

Hello Everyone!

I do not know if it is just me, but I know I want to work out more when I have a cute workout outfit. That may sound silly, but there is something about putting on the perfect fitting yoga pants, and a cute workout  zip up jacket and a nice pair of running shoes that makes working out so much more exciting for me. That may be because I am in love with fasion, and that I am a girl...BUT I think I can speak for a lot of people out there, men and women that having a good set of workout outfits can make anyone feel better about going out and getting your exercise!

Before I started "exercising" and getting into shape, if I ever went to the gym or attempted to go on a walk or exercise I always opted for the loose baggy sweat pants, and the over-sized t-shirt and worn out, old sneakers. There was something about those clothes that made me feel even slouchy and unmotivated (maybe it was just one of my excuses...? oops). When I started to get serious about getting into shape and losing weight, I started to go on a long walk/jog a couple nights a week. My dad noticed that I was doing this, and I kept complaining that my feet would hurt when I jogged and I got the worlds worst shin splints. Even thinking about them makes me cringe. They would be so mad to the point where I would have to put Icy Hot patches on them and soak my shins in a hot bath every night. They would even hurt during the day when I wasn't exercising! Anyway, my dad has been an exercise finatic ever since I've known him, it is like his form of therapy. So, he knew right away that I needed some new better workout/running shoes. At the time, I was using my 7th grade Nike volleyball shoes that were too big for me, and were literally breaking apart on the sole. So after begging him, we went to the Nike outlet store and picked up my first pair of nice running shoes! I was so excited, I went straight home and went on a long walk/jog! It did help a tiny bit with my shin splints since my feet had more cushion and more support when running on concrete. I just felt better all around, and the next issue was my clothes...

When I started to lose weight and drop some pant sizes, I always just thought first about my jeans and other bottoms, but never about my "workout pants" which were literally falling off of me. I just always put working out with crappy old clothes together and didn't realize how bad it was until they fell completely off one morning in the kitchen...(true story). So I went to my favorite store Marshall's which is a chain of discount stores that sells everything and they have everything at an extremley discounted rate! So I went to the Active section and picked up a new nice pair of spandex black cropped work out pants that fit like a glove and I soon fell in love with exercising because I knew I didn't have to worry about constantly pulling my pants up while running. I just recently, opted for my first ever Victoria's Secret pullover hot pink jacket that is perfect for exercising especially where I live where it's not too cold but I need a jacket! 

Anyway, the moral of the story is, treat yourself to some new workout clothes because they will make you feel better about yourself while working out and they will encourage you to get out there and work out! I know working out is not all about your looks and trust me, I am NOT one of those girls that wears a full face of makeup, does their hair, and wears a push up bra to the gym. I still look sweaty and nasty while working out but it actually helps you have a more efficient workout when you are dressed the part and nothing is falling off, or you don't have to worry about fixing your outfit so you can have a successful workout. 

Here are the shoes that I got a couple months ago:
They are the Nike Free Run 5.0 


Here is a picture I took of a painful night after a run with my shin splints! (OUCH!)

Here is a picture of a jacket really similar to the one I got at Victoria's Secret, mine is just a tad different but I could not find mine on the website I'm sorry! But just a word of advice, I got my jacket at their annual Semi-Annual sale where my jacket was 50 % off, because they can run pretty pricey, but I would go to a Marshall's like where I got my pants, and Ross which is a similar type of store to get workout clothes because they do not have to be designer or super expensive! 

Now, here are some items on my workout clothes wish list that I will be purchasing soon! Also some more expensive items that I can only dream about...I just cannot fathom spending hundreds of dollars on workout clothes that will get dirty and sweaty...they may be made nicer, but I would rather get more clothes that are less expensive and get them more often so I can have a variety! That is just me though, but if I had the money I would get some of these items!
LOVE these pants from Victoria's Secret Sport line here

I do although think a nice fitting sports bra is worth the money...which I have not found a good one yet (sigh) Find it here 


I have always wanted a pair of these Nike Pro shorts! They look so comfortable and perfect to run in, because I hate running in shorts because they always ride up! (TMI?)
These are not that expensive but still on my wishlist! Link

 I have always wanted these shoes, but I couldn't find them on the website so I just found them on Google!
But an awesome tip is, never buy them from the actual Nike website! If you Google what shoe you want or just "Nike Women's Running Shoes on sale" you will find so may sale websites that sell them for more than 50% off, also Ebay has awesome deals as well! 

Well, that is all for today's post! I hope you guys enjoyed seeing my workout clothing post and don't feel guilty about going out and getting actual workout clothes for yourself, don't settle on old baggy clothes that make you feel "baggy" hehe! Xoxo

No comments: