Friday, January 10, 2014

Acai Bowl



Yay, I finally made my first Acai Bowl this morning for breakfast, and I was a little apprehensive, but let me tell you it was amazing! I usually steer away from hot breakfast foods early in the morning, because I always without a doubt have my coffee and that is steaming so I like to have something cool on my throat and this was perfect. The Acai berry smoothie packets that I bought from Whole Foods yesterday and showed in yesterday's post, were frozen of course so they made for the perfect base. I usually do not like a lot of smoothies because of the texture, I don't like how runny and watery they are. I always prefer more of a slushy type and this is exactly what the Acai Bowl was! I wish I took a step by step picture of what I was doing but to be honest it was early this morning and I was so hungry I completely forgot! But I did take a picture of it after (:

I can go ahead and name the ingrediants I used and the steps.

Ingrediants:
-1 Acai Berry Smoothie Packet
-8 oz of Soy Milk or what I chose Apple Juice (or any type of juice you prefer, orange would be good!)
-Any other type of fruit you want!
(I went with a handful of frozen pineapple chunks)
-A couple of ice cubes if you want it thicker!
- Granola
- Strawberries for topping
- Kiwi
That is it, and you can use whatever you heart desires in the smoothie and to top it! I have seen recipes where people put flaxseed, and coconut flakes!

Steps:
1. Place everything into the blender
2. Blend away
3. Pour into whichever glass you prefer
4. Top with your toppings
5. Grab a spoon since it is thick and enjoy!

It is very refreshing in the morning and acts as a perfect healthy wake-me-up breakfast!

Here is mine this morning!

YUM!

I hope you guys try it out and let me know what you guys think, I cannot wait to try different versions out (:

Xoxo


No comments: