Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Three Vegan Toast Recipes

Alright ladies and gents, I am now three days into this new Vegan lifestyle and I am loving it! I have had so much fun experimenting with new foods and new recipes! Today I am going to share three different ways you can spice up a plain piece of toast that you eat at any time throughout the day for a meal or a snack. I hope you are just as excited as I am to try these recipes out for yourself, because my mom and niece can vouch for me when I say these are delicious. 




Strawberry Cream Cheese w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette Toast

What you need:
-Handful of strawberries (sliced)
-1 tbsp Vegan strawberry flavored cream cheese
(the brand I used is "daiya" in strawberry flavor)
-1 slice of Ezekiel bread
-Less than 1/2 tsp of Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette 
(just a drizzle)

Start by toasting your piece of Ezekiel bread (which can be found in your grocers freezer section) / spread around one tablespoon of the strawberry cream cheese onto the bread (I found mine at whole foods) / assemble your sliced strawberries on top / lightly drizzle the lite balsamic vinaigrette on top



This option is seriously so good and can easily be eaten for breakfast or for any time during the day. It takes tops five minutes to make and is completely vegan.

Avocado w/ Sea Salt Toast

What you need:
-1 slice of Ezekiel bread
-1/2 of a small avocado (sliced)
-pinch of sea salt

Start by toasting your piece of bread / arrange your avocado slices on your toast / garnish with your pinch of sea salt


This one was by far the easiest to make and only has two ingredients. The avocado filled with so many good benefits for your body and the sea salt on top adds a perfect pairing to the avocado to give it a good twist. This also can be eaten for breakfast or for a snack during the day, and of course is completely vegan.




Tomato, Basil, Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette Toast

What you need:
-1 slice of Ezekiel bread
-1 slice of a large tomato
-1-2 tbsp of shredded Vegan mozzarella cheese
(the brand I used is "Go Veggie" mozzarella shredded cheese")
-pinch of dried basil leaves
-drizzle of lite balsamic vinaigrette


Start by toasting your piece of bread / lay your tomato on the toast / then sprinkle your shredded "cheese" / drizzle your lite balsamic vinaigrette on top / garnish with your pinch of dried basil leaves / place in oven on Broil for around 3-5 minutes depending on your oven / 
(when broiling something you are just making sure the cheese melts, so don't forget to crack the oven door open while it is cooking and make sure to keep an eye on your toast)



Each of these toast recipes are delicious and incorporate ingredients that you most likely will already have in your kitchen. The whole family will love these, and I know kids will have fun assembling their pieces of toast just like my three year old niece did! These are simple and quick to make and they can be eaten all throughout the day for a quick snack.  I hope you all enjoyed my first vegan recipe and there will be a lot more to come so stay tuned!

If you couldn't already tell, we love avocado in our family! 

No comments: