Sunday, August 17, 2014

I AM GOING VEGAN?!

Hello everyone, I have some really exciting news to share with you all! After a lot of research and time thinking it over and over I have decided to try out the Vegan lifestyle. Now I know when someone firsts hears that word they immediately think of hippies and veg heads, but this lifestyle is nothing like that. Yes, you do eat loads of fruit and vegetables but it's so much more than that. 


A little background information on why I decided to try this lifestyle out. I of course grew up eating animal products and dairy products for example, cheeseburgers, ham, turkey, chicken, fish, milk, cheese etc but it wasn't until about a month ago that I ever considered eliminating those foods from my diet. When I started my weight loss journey over a year ago, I eliminated all red meats, such as hamburgers, steak, sausage, pork etc because those in general are the worst types of animal you can eat when trying to diet and lose weight. Sticking with chicken and fish was what I decided to do and I had no issues with this at all. When I started my journey I was already drinking almond milk and wasn't eating loads of cheese but it was defiantly put onto anything I could put it on. These were the ones that I had a little trouble eliminating just because it is more difficult to find certain foods that do not have any dairy products in it, but I have found so many different alternatives which I have already tried (future blog post). 

 (Hello...can we all take a moment of silence for these "Easy Carob Almond Freezer Fudge + Frosty Recipe from one of the Vegan blogs that I have fell in love with?! If I can eat these, then sign me up! )

I know that this lifestyle is not for everyone and it takes a lot of research and thought before jumping into changing your entire diet but it was something that I felt ready for. I have recently been trying to get myself out of this funk you could say when it comes to healthy eating and exercising. I have been putting one hundred and ten percent into getting myself back on track though and am more motivated than ever. I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to get some structure back and discipline back into my diet because before I was just trying to eat healthy and was still allowing myself the opportunity to eat unhealthy if I wanted to. But now, knowing that I cannot eat animal products (which I have no desire to) or dairy products, I am now more motivated to stick to healthy and nutritious options. There are also way too many amazing health benefits not to at least try it out. The list goes on and on that is why I am going to share one website that has all of the information you need, and if you are still looking for more all you have to do is type whatever questions you have into google and there are thousands of blogs there to help!

The Vegan Society
- This is one amazing website that shares extremely helpful and useful information all about why to go Vegan, where to start and all of the amazing benefits. Go check this website out if you are also interested in this lifestyle.

- If you are interested in this lifestyle or want to know more, please go check out this girl named Essena O'Neill's instagram. She is a Vegan as well and shares so many motivating posts along with so many delicious recipes! 
If you are looking on the app type in: "essenaoneill"

Another reason why I decided to go Vegan was because of the main reason why people are Vegan's and that is because of the animals. Don't get me wrong I am not a member of PETA, and I am not a die hard animal lover, but I started really thinking about what went into my cheeseburger and how it came from an innocent animal. I was shocked to read about how many hormones and harmful things go into making these animal products and how I was filling my body with these harmful things. 

I am so excited to only eat fruits and vegetables straight from the earth we live on and how much better I am going to feel not only on the inside but how my physical appearance will change. There are so many recipes and cook books out there with some of your favorite meals that are turned Vegan and how similar they taste. I cannot wait to find and create so many yummy recipes and meals and share them with you all!

(I want to note that I am no expert what so ever and it is going to take me a couple of weeks to completely figure out all of the different types of foods I have to get and completely get into sync with this lifestyle).

No comments: