Saturday, November 9, 2013

Updates and Thank You's

Just giving a quick update about my weight loss!

One of my main goals starting out was of course to be around the weight of 140 because I am really looking at being healthy and not stick skinny (not attractive). I know I will get there one day but I am trying to take it slowly so that I don't have my mind stuck on a number and be disappointed when I do not see that number on the scale. That is one of my number one tips for anyone loosing weight. 

1. Do not weigh yourself everyday. You will only discourage yourself.
2. Set a goal in small increments. For example: (I do mine in 5 pound increments)
3. Weigh yourself the same time and same place every time so you start to have a routine.
4. Lastly, do not weigh yourself at night because that is when your body has all of the food you have eaten that day in your stomach. Do it in the morning.

So back to one of my main goals on this journey was to be below 200 before the year 2013 ended. I started in March of this year and was 260, and so I wanted to lose 60 pounds by December 31st. It was a huge goal and quite a big number but I was completely determined. So far, it is November 9th and I am down 54 pounds total! I am still in shock about that number, but also extremely proud of myself. So ladies and gents, I have 6 more pounds to go before I reach one of my most important goals! Do you think I can do it? I KNOW I can do it, and I am so glad I have all of your support. I would not have been able to do any of this without my parents first, and my friends who have supported me since Day 1. Thanks dad for allowing me to throw out all junk food and not buying potato chips anymore! 

I am so excited to weigh myself on December 31st and see where I am, hopefully I will have lost a little more than 6 but that would just be the cherry on top.
The year 2013 has been one of the worst years of my life, but also one of the best and most reassuring years of my life. This was the first year my anxiety got out of control causing depression, so that wasn't and still isn't fun. BUT it was the year I have been waiting for for years. The year I finally said "Enough is enough" and starting losing weight. I am so happy with the way things are going and I cannot wait for the future. 

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE KEEP READING !


No comments: