Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Get ready!

So I have a secret to confess...I am one of those people who decorates their homes for Christmas at the beginning of November! Everyone think I am nuts but I am in love with Christmas so much, why not have the house decorated for 1 month longer than just the end of November and December? All of my friends roll their eyes when I start to look on my Christmas pinterest board for ideas and start dragging all of the junk out of underneath our stairs! 

Just a quick organizational post. Underneath our stairs has always been a giant unorganized MESS! It is where we store all of our holiday decor and what not, and being with my obsession with interior decor mixed with my obsession with Christmas you can already see the mess from your computer...Unfortunately I did not get a good picture of the before but this past weekend I decided to tackle it and finally organize it...Boy was this an entire day project.

Here is a picture of me at the beginning of the process
SCARY I KNOW!
I started by just taking everything one step at a time with a trash bag in hand and throwing away anything that I would never use again! We had about 10 trash bags, who knew there was so much trash in there?! I feel so much better having it all organized now! I made a couple of piles. Inside Christmas decor, outside Christmas deocr (lights, wreaths, etc), Nutcracker collection, etc. I then went to Lowe's and got two plastic bins and found out quickly that I will need more for sure, but I like the results. Here it is!

SO MUCH BETTER! Now I can decorate without any stress!

Back to my other ideas for Christmas decorations. I have so many awesome ideas for the inside of the house and here are some that I found on my Christmas pinterest board. 

I am in love with this JOY sign and I have seen it all over pinterest lately, so I want to recreate my own!

Then there is this adorable snowflake and pinecone garland that I want to put in my kitchen window!
Pine cone and snowflake garland.
Here is the link to the ladies website

This charger plate with a countdown to Christmas on it! How cute?!
Paint the center of a charger with chalk paint, glue on a bow... paint on the words "days until Christmas" then you can change the countdown w/Chalk! Put it on an easel and you have a cute sign. Like this!!
There wasn't a link but here are the directions:
Paint the center of a charger with chalk paint, glue on a bow... paint on the words "days until Christmas" then you can change the countdown w/Chalk! Put it on an easel and you have a cute sign. 

I cannot wait to do these projects over the next couple of days and share them with you all! 

No comments: